A leader in Information Technology and management
Ellis Medicine supports and maintains some of the most advanced Information Technology (IT) systems available in the healthcare marketplace.
A few highlights of the systems in place, or planned include:
Electronic Medical Records delivered through the Siemens Soarian Health Information Management (HIM) product and ambulatory medical records.
- Web-based acute care information available through the Soarian Clinical application. This product provides secure access to patient data anywhere, and anytime including access to laboratory, radiology, dictated reports, consultations and patient orders.
Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) enables physicians and authorized clinicians to electronically submit medication and other orders through Soarian Clinicals, improving efficiency, greatly reducing errors associated with handwriting and improving quality of care.
- An online Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) allows digital radiology images to be reviewed throughout the hospital. All radiology images are captured digitally and are available online.
- Medications are securely administered and documented through the Siemens Medication Administration Check (MAK) system. This application interfaces with a fully computerized Pharmacy management systems which in turn interfaces to Pyxis and a robotic medication distribution product.
- The surgical suite is managed through the Surgical Information System (SIS) product which automates all processes within the ORs.
- All cardiology data is managed and available through the GE Muse Cardiology Information System.
For more information, please contact us at:
Ellis Medicine Physician Recruitment
1101 Nott Street, Schenectady, NY 12308
518.243.4496 FAX 518.243.1402